Weather forecast for Monroe, La: (last updated 18 minutes ago)
See complete forecast from the National Weather Service...
52° / 57°
Mon, Nov 30th
52° / 63°
Tue, Dec 1st
47° / 57°
Wed, Dec 2nd
Slight Chance Rain
40° / 58°
Thu, Dec 3rd
37° / 55°
ULM News RSS
- University closes for Thanksgiving holiday
The University of Louisiana at Monroe will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday, beginning at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25. The University will reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 30.
- ULM announces head football coach search committee
ULM president Nick J. Bruno announced today the formation of a head football coach search committee. College Sports Solutions (CSS), a collegiate athletic search firm based out of Atlanta, GA, will also assist ULM in its search.
- Annual Holidays at ULM Nov. 25
ULM welcomes the community to the 13th annual Holidays at ULM Celebration, beginning at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, December 1, in ULM's Brown auditorium. The festivities begin with a holiday concert, followed by the popular tree lighting ceremony.
- Brigadier General Joanne F. Sheridan named ULM's fall commencement speaker
Brigadier General Joanne F. Sheridan, Louisiana Army National Guard, ULM graduate, will serve as the Commencement speaker for ULM's fall ceremony at 10 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 12, in Fant-Ewing Coliseum.
- eULM professor and students present on eLearning at international conference
Dr. Jocelyn Chapman, assistant professor in ULM's Creative Systemic Studies online doctoral program, and doctoral candidates Andre Lewis and Karen McClendon presented at the Eighth International Conference on e-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies, at University of California, Santa Cruz, November 2-3, 2015.
- Two ULM pharmacy students awarded prestigious grants
EPIC Pharmacies, Inc., a national network of over 1,400 independently owned pharmacies, announced last week their 2015 Student Grant Award recipients.
- ULM English professor publishes article on teaching environmental humanities
Dr. Jana M. Giles, associate professor of English at the University of Louisiana at Monroe, has had her latest article, "Integrating Ecocriticsm into a New Graduate English Course in a Southern Public Regional University," published in Kudzu House 5:3 (Autumn Equinox 2015): 64-94, in a cluster dedicated to teaching environmental humanities.
- ULM to host Dance Fusion Nov. 20th
The University of Louisiana at Monroe's School of Visual and Performing Arts presents its popular Dance Fusion concert on Friday, November 20th at 7:30 p.m. in ULM's Brown Auditorium.
- ULM's annual art sale begins Nov. 30th
The Annual ULM Student, Alumni, and Faculty Art Sale begins Nov. 30. Various forms of art will be available for purchase including pottery, jewels, post cards, paintings, photographs, and prints.
- ULM mock trial teams win awards at Mid-South Invitational
ULM's mock trial teams competed in the Mid-South Invitational this past weekend at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN.
- ULM music alumna voted best band director in northeast Louisiana
Chelsea King, ULM music alum (BME, 2006), was voted Best Band Director at the First Annual Northeast Louisiana Music Awards on November 12th at the Monroe Civic Center.
- ULM unveils new water ski facility
On Saturday, November 14th, the university held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of the new water ski facility.
- ULM to host mobile Doppler radar and guest lecture
On Friday, November 20, the Atmospheric Science Department is hosting a seminar given by Mr. Ryan Wade, lecturer at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH).
- ULM continues its partnership with the Delta Regional Authority
Two alumni, along with students and faculty in the Social Science Research Laboratory, have been selected to participate in the Delta Regional Authority's Delta Leadership Institute Executive Academy.
- ULM hosts "Gunby's Legacy Exhibit"
Andrew Augustus Gunby (1849-1917) was born in Georgia but came to Louisiana at the age of 10.