ULM News Center
ULM News RSS
- ULM's Risk Management and Insurance program ranked no. 13 in nation
MONROE, La. -- Each year, Business Insurance, one of the top insurance industry news sources, ranks collegiate insurance programs by number of undergraduates majoring in risk management and insurance. The latest full report showed a total of 36 programs in the country and ULM was the only Louisiana school to make the top 20.
- ULM mock trial takes first at Argo Invitational, defeating University of Alabama
MONROE, La. -- ULM's Mock Trial teams competed in the sixth Annual Argo Invitational Mock Trial Tournament this past weekend at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Fla.
- Jazz Artist Rondi Charleston to perform at ULM Jan. 24
The ULM School of Visual and Performing Arts will host a performance by jazz singer Rondi Charleston on Tuesday, Jan. 24, at 7 p.m. in Brown Theater.
- ULM's online MBA program receives national ranking by U.S. News and World Report
U.S. News and World Report - a respected source for national higher education - has ranked ULM's online Master of Business Administration (MBA) 59th in the nation.
- ULM's Kitty DeGree School of Nursing announces new nursing program
In Dec. 2016, the ULM Kitty DeGree School of Nursing received approval from the Louisiana State Board of Nursing to move forward with admissions to the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) program. Program completers will be awarded the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree.
- ULM and Delta partner for 2017 MLK Day of Service
MONROE, La. -- The University of Louisiana Monroe and Louisiana Delta Community College (LDCC) will once again partner for the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service project, on Monday, Jan. 16.
- ULM announces fall 2016 President's and Dean's lists
MONROE, La. -- University of Louisiana Monroe President Dr. Nick J. Bruno has announced the President's List and Dean's List for the fall 2016 semester at ULM.
- Two ULM English instructors awarded grants for humanities projects
MONROE, La. -- Two faculty members in the School of Humanities in ULM's College of Arts, Education, and Sciences were awarded grants from the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities worth $4,527.
- Nation's largest leadership honor society awards eight ULM faculty and staff members
MONROE, La. -- Eight of the University of Louisiana Monroe faculty and staff members were honored for their impact on ULM students and the community in the induction ceremony of the ULM's chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success held on Thursday, December 1.
- Two ULM pharmacy students awarded prestigious grants
MONROE, La. -- Two University of Louisiana Monroe pharmacy students were recently awarded grants by EPIC Pharmacies, Inc., a national network of over 1,400 independently owned pharmacies.
- ULM waterski house damaged by arson; suspect in custody
MONROE, La. -- A Mississippi man has been arrested for arson in connection with a fire that took place on ULM's campus Tuesday evening.
- ULM hosts annual math competition for regional high schools
MONROE, La. -- The Mathematics Program in the College of Arts, Education, and Sciences hosted the 2016 ULM High School Mathematics Competition on Dec. 5.
- Lauren Lang Memorial Scholarship Fund established at ULM
MONROE, La. - The dental hygiene program at the University of Louisiana Monroe was awarded a $10,000 donation from the Morehouse Community Medical Centers' (MCMC) board of directors, administrators, and staff to establish the Lauren Lang Memorial Scholarship Fund. The fund will establish a scholarship fund to support future dental hygiene students.
- ULM recognized for offering top occupational therapy program
MONROE, La. -- The University of Louisiana Monroe's program for occupational therapy has been recognized as one of the best in the nation by The Community for Accredited Online Schools (AccreditedSchoolsOnline.org). As a leading resource for higher education and college accreditation information, the site released its annual ranking for the 2016-2017 school year, honoring ULM as the 24th Best Occupational Therapy Program in the Nation.
- ULM names new executive director of the Research Corporation of Louisiana
MONROE, La. -- Dr. John Sutherlin, Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Louisiana Monroe, has been appointed Executive Director of the Research Corporation of Louisiana (RCL), an independent entity supporting ULM's research.